Monday, October 24, 2011

The Premise

I've been practicing Bikram yoga, on and off, for over 3 years. I say on and off because there were times that I practiced regularly, 3 times a week, and then times when I wouldn't go for months, due to laziness or location. I've also tried a bunch of other types of hot yoga as well as "regular" yoga, but bikram always calls me back again. Lately I've been a bit off... prior to this morning it was about 2 weeks ago that I was in the hot room. I'm also in the process of wrapping up my doctoral dissertation, which is an extremely stressful and time consuming activity. I kept saying to myself "I'll get back in there when this gets done, or when I do that other thing..." Excuses. I'm less stressed out when I go to yoga regularly, I feel better and I sleep better... all things that would also help me accomplish the other goals in my life.

So, today I decided it was enough. It's time for a new attitude. Every Bikram studio I've been in has had these words up, somewhere in the studio: "Never too late, never too bad, never too old, never too sick, to start from scratch and begin again." And so, this is my bikram practice, beginning again.

No comments:

Post a Comment