Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day Four: Our body wants to heal

Or Bikram: It does a Body Good.

With day 4 over with, I believe that this is officially the most days I've done in a row, ever. I thought that maybe my body would be screaming for mercy at this point, but I was totally wrong. The muscles that were sore on day 2 were not nearly as sore today and my concentration was above and beyond what it's been in a long time. Sure, stuff still hurt, but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't more so.

Here's how it went:

Injuries: Ankle is still a little bruised looking, but not bothering me at all.

Class: No dizziness, not even really tired. Whereas normally I'd be thinking "Just get through it!" during Spine strengthening or "don't give up now" after rabbit I just felt ready to go the whole way through.

Notable changes: See above. I don't remember the last time (if there ever was a last time) that I felt pretty good in every single posture.

Favorite pose today: Surprisingly: cobra. Ever since I read the dancing j's explanation of it I've been trying harder to get it right and today it paid off!

Least favorite: Balancing stick... I just couldn't get the whole balancing part down today... and that's sort of the point of the whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. Thumbs up on the cobra!! I have been making a big deal of that one in class lately, too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete