Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 4: Moving forward, always forward

Today was definitely not as hard as yesterday. The funny thing about this yoga is that the more you do it, the better/easier it gets. You think, after two or three days in a row, that you'll just keep getting more tired if you go one more day. But then you do go on the fourth morning, and it's not that bad. In fact, it's probably better than it was yesterday.

In spite of my weirdness after camel yesterday, I pushed through. The instructor that I talked to yesterday was practicing beside me and is 5 months pregnant.* The instructor today just had a baby two months ago and practiced until her doctor said she should stop. If they can do it, I wasn't about to sit it out! So I did camel and all was well. In fact, it was much better than yesterday's!

After practice, the first song that came on the radio was one of my favorites, from my new favorite artists, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (yes, they actually do get much deeper than singing about thrift shopping). This song speaks to me so deeply that I can't watch the video without crying. I can barely even listen to the song without getting emotional. But I belted it out in my car today. It perfectly encapsulates how I feel about human rights ("no freedom til we're equal, damn straight I support it") and just about life in general.



Keep pressing play, keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment