Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 3: Recovery

I decided to go to the noon yoga class, as opposed to 9am, today, to give my body a few extra hours to recover after the shock of two days in a row for the first time in a long time. It also gave me more time to rehydrate. From all accounts, my little buddy is also recovering, and doing a very good job at it. We are all so proud of you, little man!

I took it easier today, backing off when it felt like the right thing to do, sitting out a posture when absolutely necessary. I had a strange experience after the second set of camel, in that when I came out of it, the left side of my jaw felt tingly and numb, and then a slight twinge of pain. I took it easier after that, and made sure that I could keep smiling at myself normally in the mirror, which probably made me look like anything but normal to the rest of the people around me! (I know I'm *probably* too young to have a stroke, but many of us in the knitting world have read the brilliant words of Kate Davies and know it is not *impossible*.) It's gone now and I spoke with the instructor after class who said that as long as it goes away, it is probably fine. I've pushed myself this week and I may have tweaked a nerve or pulled a muscle that is reacting funny.

Still, I'll be there tomorrow, and Friday, and Saturday too, if necessary... fingers crossed that our little friend gets to go home Friday, not because I wouldn't go (or wouldn't want to go) on Saturday, but because it will mean that he gets to go home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment