Thursday, December 29, 2011

Reflect/Resolve

It's been just over 2 months since I started getting back into bikram and I thought now would be a good time to reflect on how it's been going.

I did take about a week off over Christmas—there's no studio in my parents' town and between visits and dinners and everything I really just didn't have the time. So this week (Tuesday and today so far) has been a lot harder than usual. I sort of gave myself permission to take it easier-than-usual (if there is a way to take bikram "easy," aside from taking an hour & a half nap in a hot room) and I've been feeling like I'm coming down with a cold, so it's been a rough couple of classes. Hopefully tomorrow and next week will be easier.

Aside from forced breaks, I've gone to class 4-5 times per week every week since the end of October. Usually I feel good, before, during, and after class, and my body is noticeably more toned.

For 2012, my yoga resolution is to keep up a minimum of 4 classes per week. While I'm still working on the dissertation it should be easily doable. If I get full time work in the fall it might be a bit harder, but I'll reevaluate when that becomes an actual issue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment