Monday, February 20, 2012

Little by little

So lately I've noticed some small, but definite changes to my practice. For a while my left hamstring was hurting more and more, especially when in triangle or other poses that really stretched it out. Now it seems to be getting better, and I can really get almost low enough into triangle on both sides to have that perfect upside-down letter "L" shape.

The last few days I've also been able to get into the full expression of fixed firm. And for both sets! I used to think it was lucky or a good day if I could get most of the way down into the second set.

And finally, and this is perhaps the smallest of changes, but significant to me... I can grab both feet in floor bow without struggling. For the longest time I had to grab for one foot and then twist quite a ways over to grab the other... and I'd still grab it with my palm over the bottom of the foot and then flip my hand over. It meant that I was pretty much tired and out of breath before the posture had even started.

I think that's all the changes I've noticed in the last couple of weeks... I'll update if/when I notice anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment